War Eagle! We are so happy that you have chosen to be apart of the Auburn family, but even happier that you have chosen to go greek! These will be some of the best years of your life! Recruitment at Auburn University is a thrilling time for all involved. It is a busy, nerve-racking, and very exciting week. But don't worry!! We all made it, and you will too! Just be yourself, and you will with out a doubt find your home!
BELOW IS A DAY-DAY RUN DOWN OF HOW RECRUITMENT WEEK WILL GO
Potential New Member Orientation
After you get settled into your new home away from home, you will head to the ball room of the student center. Here, you will meet your Pi Chi and the girls in your recruitment group. You will meet with these girls each morning before you start your day!
Ice Water Tea Parties
Ice Water Tea parties are the first round of Recruitment where you get to visit all 17 sororities. They take place over a two-day period. The potential new members will line up at the sorority’s chapter room doors. The chapter will open their doors, and erupt into cheer and song. Don’t be overwhelmed, all of this excitement is especially for you!
Just like Ice Water Teas, Philanthropy parties take place over a two-day period. Each chapter will explain their philanthropy and tell you how they get involved throughout the year. What better way to learn more about your potential sisters?
Sisterhood day may be the most exciting and fun day of recruitment! Each chapter room is decorated to show the chapter's personality. The sisters get to show you their favorite things about their chapter! By this point in the week, you should begin to have an idea of where you will call home for the next four years!
Preference parties are the last parties before bid day. They are more serious than the other parties throughout the week. Each chapter will express how their sisterhood has changed their lives and what it means to belong to their sisterhood, so don’t be surprised if you see tears! Although emotions may be running high, everyone will be waiting with smiling faces and open arms to greet you on Bid Day!
- Stash a pair of flip-flops in your bag for between parties on days you dared to wear heels. Ouch!
- The Alabama heat and humidity in August can be intense, so be sure to stay hydrated and maybe even pack a hand held fan!
- Make sure you have a few of your favorite make up tools for touchups! Whether you are sweating from the heat or soaking in the rain, you want to make sure you are putting your best foot forward!
- Take notes! Going from sorority to sorority can be tricky when they all start to blend together. Notes can help you remember what you liked best about each chapter you visit.
- Make sure to be yourself! We want to know who you really are and help you find a home that is best for you!!
Enjoy recruitment, because although it’s a long week, it’s very exciting and the friendships and memories that you make will last a lifetime! If you have time, we would love for your to check out our recruitment video below!!
The Sisters of Alpha Xi Delta
** For more information on recruitment, check out Auburn Panhellenic **